Quote Originally Posted by Painted Jezebel View Post
You are doing yourself a disservice here . Actually, all known Potanthus species from the peninsular part of Thailand are also found in Malaysia, and they are the same subspecies.

If you could look at my photos again, I would be very grateful, as I am nearing publication of a paper listing the species from Koh Samui Island, and would like to be certain of my facts.(I do not want to put down Potanthus sp.1, Potanthus sp.2, etc). Thanks.
Here goes Les. This is what I think it is.

1 Potanthus hetaerus. This is easy enough with the yellow -shaded marginal areas crossed by darkened veins.

2 Potanthus ganda. The overlap between spot 3 and 4 is less than half.

3 Potanthus confucius. There is a linking up of all the spots.

4 Potanthus juno. Spot 8 on the costal margin is reduced to a dot and seemed to be missing on the under surface.

5 Potanthus lydia . This could not be P. trachala because in P. trachala, spots 1, 2, and 3 are strongly crescentic in the male, and this is a male judging by its large orange spots. It cannot be P. ganda because ganda is a small species, and spot 8 tends to be short. P. lydia is a montane spp in Malaysia.

6 Potanthus hetaerus male . Large dark and the hindwing band with a narrow extension into space 6.

Hope it helps.

TL Seow