Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Sabah, March-April 2019

Although Moore stated his specimen of buxtoni from Buxton came from Sumatra, there may have been a location error since in later literature buxtoni has always been quoted to be from Borneo.
    https://archive.org/stream/transacti...e/n39/mode/1up

Fruhstorfer in 1909 named taxon trebonia from Sumatra as K. buxtoni trebonia.
    This seem to have been changed to K. limborgi trebonia & currently as K. paralekta trebonia.
    A specimen from Sumatra below.
    http://collector-secret.proboards.co...-moths-sumatra

They really should do a DNA analysis to determine if the taxa have evolved far enough to be considered separate species.
    Currently the species in Sundaland would be.
    K. limborgi mainland P. Malaysia.
    K. buxtoni Borneo.
    K. paralekta trebonia ..Sumatra.
    K. paralekta paralekta ..Java.

TL Seow: Cheers.

Dr Seow, thanks for the detailed breakdown.

I'll be posting my other sightings for record / identification purposes and other shots that I'm not really proud of for the rest of the thread. Aaron and Dr Seow, your input will be greatly appreciated. BTW, Aaron you mentioned you'd be back in SG in June right?

To kick things off, an awful image of the Drupadia estella's gorgeous underside:

Here is the back and white Symbrenthia that we encountered in the waterfall trail:

Is this Idea stolli? These were observed everyday in the shady parts of the forest. This one was seen resting in the deep shade on of the afternoons.
    cheers
    Jonathan

That's the strange white Symbrenthia that seems to be unique to the Crocker Range area
    Aaron Soh