Quote Originally Posted by atronox View Post
Thanks Dr Seow. I was misled by the wing shape. The forewings are streched forward so they appear more elongated.

I didn't think this was sanaya because the post-discal on the forewing is curved and the distance between the subbasal and discal striae on the hindwing is too wide for sanaya. The striae are also thinner than in sanaya

I am not sure if you have C&P4.
Nacaduba key.

Line 10 (13) UnH with inner submarginal & outer postdiscal striae in space 4 & 5 nearly touching ........ N. hermus, subperusia lysa.

Alternative line 13. UnH with the inner submarginal & outer postdiscal striae separated by at least 1/2 the width of the postdiscal band. .....N. pendleburyi, solta, subperusia intricata(montane) and sanaya.

That is, both N. pendleburyi & sanaya have the postdiscal & submarginal fasciae well separated, whereas N. hermus & subperusia lysa have them close & nearly touching.

There is no problem with Federick's shot as the two fasciae are almost touching plus the metallic scales on the black spot is vitually certain to be N. hermus.

The problem with Richard's pic is that the separation is just about 1/2 the width(of the postdiscal) in space 4 & less in space 5.
The unbroken FW postdiscal band & neater spots suggest it is probably N. pendleburyi.
This is a male & the definitive diagnosis is the UpF border which increases at the apex in pendleburyi , but remains uniformly narrow in sanaya.

As you can see in N. sanaya the separation of the postdiscal & the submarginal varies widely ,some well apart & some close as in this (Richard's) example.
N. sanaya seem to have margins somewhat irregular & not neatly aligned as in pendleburyi.
The FW postdiscal band in sanaya is almost always dislocated usually at vein 6 (but not in all instances).

Past pix of N. sanaya need to be scrutinized carefully .
The straighter FW margin of the male N. pendleburyi looks to be a valid point.

TL Seow: Cheers.