Thread: THE PLANEts have aligned!!

Default THE PLANEts have aligned!!

Finally, after so many years, i've managed a decent shot, even though this was heavily cropped.

There were a few females at the Syzygium but they rarely descended and when they did it's because some wasp chased them down and not because they came down at their own will.

This male was found in a completely different spot deeper in the forest and it was so unexpected because it was dogfighting with two Posies at shoulder level. This is actually the first time i've seen a male. Normally male Deudorigini are very reluctant to descend from the canopy so there must have been some very compelling reason for this one to have done so.

I notice that they are active till very late- this one was taken at 4 pm and i watched the females being very active around the Syzygium until beyond 6 pm

Now to find the Pygmy Posy!! Haha~

Bindahara best cropped edited.jpg

Bindahara dorsal cropped edited resized.jpg
    Aaron Soh

Nice one! It has very long tails and you even got the upperside!

From my sole encounter with the female, it was also late in the afternoon, about 5.30pm, still frolicking high up when most other butterflies had disappeared to roost.
    cheers
    Jonathan

Thanks Jon! The dorsal was incidental but i like how jet black it is.

Interesting that we made similar observations of the females. Deudorigini seem to stay out later than other lycaenids
    Aaron Soh