Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Moths from Northern Thailand

I know . There is, however, no book on the Lymantriinae in Thailand. I have the volumes 2-6 of MoT (vol. 1 about the Saturniidae is sold out) - but there is no Lymantriinae volume yet, and as far as I no know, no plan for one .

Sorry I am a bit confused by your answer, the O. postica ID for no. 3, I certainly believe - it is the Ilema vaneeckei for no. 2 that I have difficulty with.

I a aware that it is difficult stuff with no really good resources available for Lymantriinae in Thailand, so I am very grateful for all the help you have given me.

best wishes

Jan. F. Rasmussen

Quote Originally Posted by guldsmed View Post
    I know . There is, however, no book on the Lymantriinae in Thailand. I have the volumes 2-6 of MoT (vol. 1 about the Saturniidae is sold out) - but there is no Lymantriinae volume yet, and as far as I no know, no plan for one .

Sorry I am a bit confused by your answer, the O. postica ID for no. 3, I certainly believe - it is the Ilema vaneeckei for no. 2 that I have difficulty with.

I a aware that it is difficult stuff with no really good resources available for Lymantriinae in Thailand, so I am very grateful for all the help you have given me.

best wishes

Jan. F. Rasmussen
    Yes I am talking about no. 2 which I put as probable Ilema vaneeckei.
    This looks like it is Orgyia but the usual O. postica & osseata do not match.
    The name of Orgyia fasciata seems to match, but there is no info on this species.

TL Seow : Cheers.

OK - now I got it.

I have tried researching Orgyia albofasciata, but can't find any further information, than that it was indeed described from Thailand by Schintlmeister in 1989. When I try googling Schintlmeister, 1989 no articles concerned with Thailand show up. Do you have the full reference to the article, I may try to get it. The specimen on my photo does have whitish lines, so name seem to fit

thx again

Jan

Edit: I am now (from 5 minutes ago) connected to Schintlmeister on Research Gate, but he has only his newer works there. Quite generous though the whole MoT vol 5 (Notodontidae) is available for download in excellent quality including plates.

What I know of O. albofasciata is from Funet .

Post 15 no. 5.
    This appears not uncommon with several web images, but no one has gone further than Artaxa spp.

Thx again - I will log it as a probable Artaxa sp. - genus is a lot better than tribus, which was the closest I could go

I will let my other lymantriines rest - though I may have a go at a number of Lymantria spp. I have. Schintlmeister has his 2004 monograph with good colour plates covering all 167 species known at that time available for download also. If I start by making a list of Thai species, maybe I can get somewhere... Have you used this source? It seems very thorough. It also has distribution maps of all Asian species of the genus.
    Last edited by guldsmed; 16-Feb-2016 at 04:40 AM.

I will need to join research gate to get some of the material later.
    167 species of Lymantria alone, oh my !

TL Seow : Cheers..

I can try to send you a copy of the PDF I downloaded if you want? I am not sure if I can, though, it is 146 mb + the plates in another file of 16-17 MB. Vol 5. of MoT (Notodontidae) is 82 MB, but I think my yahoo mail can send by dropbox

No need & Thx.
    The membership for Research gate is free.
    I can join if necessary.

OK - I just asked, in case you had no other reason to become a member

Downloaded the files you sent.

Thx. again.