Thread: Butterfly ID. at Casuarina stand

Default Butterfly ID. at Casuarina stand

when i was walk around Casuarina equisetifolia stand at Mirit beach, Kebumen, Indonesia. i found some butterfly perch on twigs of trees. so i try to capture the picture with my phone after i pick it . *sorry for poor quality imags (i release it after taking the picture)

sorry for my bad english or my curiosity.

Hi Faryd, #4 is Tawny Coster and #1 is probably the male Striped Albatross. Sorry I can't help you with #2 and #3, which I will leave to the experts. When shooting, please try not to pick the butterflies, as you may hurt them if you did not pick them up properly/the right way. Cheers.
    Last edited by Blue Jay; 11-Jun-2013 at 01:06 AM. Reason: + gender for albatross
    -Brian

My flickr

1 is Appias libythea.
    4. is Acraea violae.

1 & 4 as Id'ed by Brian.

2 is Ideopsis juventah.

3 is an Euploea sp. & is very difficult without reference as Euploea species have very marked regional differences.

You can googled Butterflies of West Java & download the pdf for reference.
    I am unable to do so because of connectivity problems.

TL Seow

@Blue jay: thanks for the advice. i not mean to hurt them anyway >.<
    can u tell me how to pick the butterfly properly?

@Psyche: thanks sir for helping ID, the pdf just arrived to my hardisk

Seow, you beat me to it, again, including the comment on the Euploea sp.!!!!

Another website you may wish to look at is Tentang Semarang Lepidoptera, to be found here. I think that Semarang is reasonably close enough to you to be of help, though I do not think they have a full list yet.

Regarding picking up a specimen, it is not recommended. Try to get photos naturally.

Painted Jezebel : aw great i even dont know that web is exist before . at least the website is really helping now

anyway i have plan to do research about butterfly differsity there. want to find out the butterfly diversity in casuarina stand. *really curious about this beautiful creature
    thanks for helping guys..

about the picking up specimen i wont do it again. ehe
    how about some people that catching and kill butterfly and then collecting it? is that legal?