Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Khao Luang National Park-TH - Krung Ching Waterfall

28, 29, 30 April and 1st of May new trip at Krung Ching.

Les looking for the elusive impossible Delias, me more to finally get the Glorious Begum. (Suggestions for the best bait).

Anybody would like to join? Pick up service at Surat Thani or Samui airports

At the risk of having to repeat a photo, I have been trying to update my site with my photos from the 2 Krung Ching trips.

I have some doubts about the Burara oedipodea oedipodea photo shown in post 8.

I also took this specimen, and it look different from the B. oedipodea I took on Samui several years back, and which is defintely that species as I have the upperside to compare to. Could the recent one be Burara harisa consbrina?

1)From Krung Ching this year.
    2)From my lounge, Koh Samui.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Painted Jezebel View Post
    At the risk of having to repeat a photo, I have been trying to update my site with my photos from the 2 Krung Ching trips.

I have some doubts about the Burara oedipodea oedipodea photo shown in post 8.

I also took this specimen, and it look different from the B. oedipodea I took on Samui several years back, and which is defintely that species as I have the upperside to compare to. Could the recent one be Burara harisa consbrina?

1)From Krung Ching this year.
    2)From my lounge, Koh Samui.

All three are correctly B. oedipodea males.

In oedipodea, the HW spot/patch is solid (as in etelka), but placed some distance from the cellend (as in harisa.)
    The HW orange cilia is slightly higher in oedipodea ( past vein 5, sometimes to vein 6) than harisa/etelka(just past vein 4.).

The male oedipoea is unique in that the HW costal margin is folded over, so the HW shape is distorted & vein 8 is rather short.

TL Seow

Thank you. I can place a better photo in. I really was not sure! It is nice to know I actually got something right for a change.