Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Butterflies of Phanom Bencha National Park and Mountain Resort

It's an interesting travel log to read, with very nice and sharp capture of many beautiful butterflies, both in BC and your blog.
    It is also interesting to see butterflies that are not seen here and new to me
    EC Goh

The irony is that I'm actually in Krabi, but I cannot go to Phanom Bencha, business reasons aaaaarrrrggghhhhh!!!

Great collection the both of you!
    Anthony
    The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few or one.

Quote Originally Posted by Painted Jezebel View Post
    14) Papilio palinurus. P. paris not found so far south, unfortunately. The small size of the hindwing marginal red spots confirm this.
    You are absolutely right. I thought the spots were perspective distorted & the upperside had been seen.

A single male P. paris was taken in Langkawi 1980 and the butterfly also occurs in Sumatra and Java.

TL Seow

Excellent harvest Nelson and Ellen !!
    Sunny

~~When the Going Gets Tough, the Tough Get Going~~

Sunny's Facebook on Butterflies!

~

Thanks Seow and Les for the help in identification. :D We really appreciate it!

Thanks Antonio, Alfa, Anthony, Brian and all for the kind comments.

It was fun there. Ah Antonio, where did you go? Thought you were going to join us! haha!

I would highly recommend going there for anybody wanting a break from the rest of the world. Seriously there's no connection for you to check emails or facebook or even phone back home. :P
    Butterfly dogs don't like baths. They only like to puddle... in their own pee!

Thanks Unker Sunny! Hmmm... if the activity was high on every day the harvest would have been more!

dear dear, picking up a stone in the national park warrants a jail term of 5-20 years?!
    Anthony
    The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few or one.

Thanks Les and Seow for assisting in the IDs and all for your positive comments.

Actually we were in Krabi for grocery shopping, we were looking for Yam and Chestnut. But it seems that they were all sold out and we are not able to locate any.

Antonio, Les, next time when you happen to visit the park again. You can bait at the area on top of the path leading to the waterfall around the gravel area. I have seen a Glorius Begum doing some rounds at that area. But it refuses to land for a sip.

I think Khao Sok will be next on my list.
    Shoot N Flickr

- Nelson -

Anthony, yeah... the signs are quite interesting indeed! I think they really mean like if you pick up anything from the park and take it home it's not allowed... or do they mean like... don't pick up any of the house-sized boulders. Hmm... they should give a man an award for the ability to do that.