Quote Originally Posted by Painted Jezebel View Post
Lovely write up, I may have to stay there some time later.

If you were looking for the Chestnut Rajah and Blue Yam near the resort, then you were in the wrong place. Antonio and I have seen them only in the National Park itself. For the Blue Yam, take the path to the waterfall, behind the park office, but, very early on, when level to the manicured lawn, look left, and they are in the trees next to the path. They prefer afternoons. (For future reference!).
Les, we were looking for the Yams and Chestnuts in the National Park. I remember seeing one white fast flying UFO flying around the pedestal hut and guard box up along the path leading to the waterfall on our last day there. But did not manage to track it down. I must have make more than 10 trips up and down that trail alternating between the hut at the top and the small patch of sand around the bridge area nearer to the beginning of the path on that day.

Since the Mountain Resort is just across the other side of the mountain, we were juz trying our luck to see if the Yam/Chestnut can be found there too.