Some time towards the end of last year, I was toying with the idea of shutting down the BC forums. This is because there seems to be more activity in the BC FaceBook group, and fewer people posting here.

However, during my trip to Langkawi, Antonio made some valid points for the continuation of this forum. Firstly, the photos here are much bigger and more attractive to display BC members' work, when compared to FB, which cannot increase the size of the photos when viewed generally.

A more important point that I agree with Antonio, was the ability to search for past threads and keywords to find photos or discussions. In FB, the effect is one of "temporary display" and to search for a photo that someone posted is quite a difficult exercise. The organisation and search capability of VBulletin for past threads, posts and archives is of course much better.

FB on the other hand, has a wider audience and the more spontaneous "likes" from friends and friends of friends alike.

What do the others think? Do we shut down this BC forum or not?

I am currently paying about $600 per annum for the VB licence, domain name & website hosting. Not that I mind, but if the activity here doesn't justify the expenditure, then we may as well shut the forums down.

Your views are welcomed.