Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Spring shots from Spain and Portugal

Hi David, very interesting travelogue, thanks for sharing I am sure you had a wonderful trip with Angie.
    Brian might have missed to reply the thread along the way as we did not have continuous wifii connectivity during our trip between 31/5-11/6. We flew to Adelaide and crossed over to Kangoroo Island at which we explored for 4D3N. Thereafter, we returned to Adelaide and continued our journey along The Great Ocean Road towards Mornington Peninsula, stopping at a few towns along the way, before flying home from Melbourne. Brian is currently sharing his photo records in a thread progressively while catching up with his revision. I got him the field guide to au birds by Simpson & Day during the trip which he enjoyed reading it. We did not come across any butt during the trip as we battled the 6-12degC with occasional passing shower.
    EC Goh

EC,

Your trip sounds like it was good ... but cold! Southern Australia is a chilly place in the winter. I hope that you time. Kangaroo Island and the Great Ocean Road are both beautiful. In the summer, there are many satyrinae to be seen. Lycaenids, though, are more common in the north.

You should have seen a good variety of birds. Seabirds are diverse in those areas and there should have been several species of albatross and giant petrels near some of the headlands. I used to organize pelagic seabird trips here in Wollongong and June was good for a number of the sub-antarctic species.

Regards,
    David Fischer
    Wollongong, Australia

My photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/moloch05/sets/