Thread: Moths from Nam Nao, Thailand

Threaded View

Default Moths from Nam Nao, N E Thailand

During my trip in December-January I put up a 250 W blended Hg-lamp most of the places I went to. The exception was unfortunately Khao Soi Dao, which was by far the most promising place, but to there I travelled by bus not car and stayed in a tent, so it was not feasible to bring the equipment.

In Nam Nao I had the light up for 3 nights, but the first one was very cold (down to 4 C), so it yielded little. The other two were much better, with the last one staying up at 13-15 C as the lowest.

I took pics of as many species as possible and am trying to ID them from various online sources, but it is not easy. Here are some of those I have an idea about. There are many more...

Any help is appreciated, just one more name (or even one less in case of obvious misIDs that can not get a better one) would be nice

Some of them are not spot on to what I found on the web, and in one case (Netria multispinae) the pic is spot on compared to the pic on thaibugs.com, but other pics looks different. So I am sure it is indeed the species named Netria multispinae on thaibugs.com, that I shot at Nam Nao, but the pic on thaibugs may be misidentified...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by guldsmed; 27-Feb-2012 at 07:36 AM.