Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: A few from KL

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    2,759

    Default A few from KL

    Another lousy set from the past few wet wet days. Not a good time though for butterflying.

    Again, I do need ID help on many of below. Thank you in advance.

    #1 Poritia ?


    #2 Jamides celeno aelianus ?



    #3 Jamides alecto ageladas ?



    #4 ??



    #5 Mycalesis mineus macromalayana(Dark Brand Bush Brown)



    #6 ??


  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    2,759

    Default

    #7 ??



    #8 ??



    #9 Isma ?



    #10 ??




    #11 ??




    #12 ??



    #13 Deudorix epijarbas cinnabarus (Cornelian) ?


  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    2,759

    Default

    #14 Pseudocoladenia dan dhyana (Fulvous Pied Flat)



    #15 Cirrochroa orissa orisa



    #16 Papilio polytes romulus(Common Mormon)



    #17 Lexias pardalis dirteana (Archduke)



    #18 Ideopsis gaura perakana (Smaller Wood Nymph)





    #19 Tagiades japetus atticus


  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Upper Changi
    Posts
    2,863

    Default

    1st one could be Poritia erycinoides
    Aaron Soh

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    6,219

    Default

    1 Poritia erycinoides female. Female have paler markings.
    4. Pelopidas mathias female.
    6. Polytremis lubricans male. Upper triangular cell spot;rich ochreous brown colour.
    7. Mycalesis distanti female probably.
    8. Taractrocera archias.
    9. Isma iapis female. Vague spots ; ochreous shading.
    10 Suastus everyx male.
    11. Mycalesis distanti, What is grouped under M. intermedia distanti is now 2 spp. intermedia & distanti. M. intermedia usually have 2 forewing spots, one very large(wsf) while distanti have smaller spots & a deeper indentation line. Both have white band angled in at the upper end on the hindwing. M. intermedia is restricted to Kedawi & northwards.
    12. M. orseis male.

    The rest are correct.

    TL Seow

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Wollongong, NSW. Australia
    Posts
    1,445

    Default

    Nice shots, LC. Looks like you have been out and about and found many interesting species.

    Regards,
    David Fischer
    Wollongong, Australia

    My photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/moloch05/sets/

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    McLean, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    1,211

    Default "Another Lousey Day..."???

    LC: Man I would love to be with you on a "great day" giving those splendid captures! Sure beats this frozen wasteland that I'm stuck in for the next 3 months! William
    William B. Folsom

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    2,759

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by atronox View Post
    1st one could be Poritia erycinoides
    Thanks Aaron.

    Quote Originally Posted by Psyche View Post
    1 Poritia erycinoides female. Female have paler markings.
    4. Pelopidas mathias female.
    6. Polytremis lubricans male. Upper triangular cell spot;rich ochreous brown colour.
    7. Mycalesis distanti female probably.
    8. Taractrocera archias.
    9. Isma iapis female. Vague spots ; ochreous shading.
    10 Suastus everyx male.
    11. Mycalesis distanti, What is grouped under M. intermedia distanti is now 2 spp. intermedia & distanti. M. intermedia usually have 2 forewing spots, one very large(wsf) while distanti have smaller spots & a deeper indentation line. Both have white band angled in at the upper end on the hindwing. M. intermedia is restricted to Kedawi & northwards.
    12. M. orseis male.

    The rest are correct.

    TL Seow
    Thank you again Dr Seow.

    Quote Originally Posted by moloch View Post
    Nice shots, LC. Looks like you have been out and about and found many interesting species.

    Regards,
    Sad to say, these are the most ignored species when the weather is good.

    Quote Originally Posted by WillFolsom View Post
    LC: Man I would love to be with you on a "great day" giving those splendid captures! Sure beats this frozen wasteland that I'm stuck in for the next 3 months! William
    William, not much better over here. Almost 70% raining at end of the year, hard to go out and very few butt. Should have travel to Northen Thailand like Chiang Mai.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Join us