My wife and I have just returned to KL after spending a week at Fraser's Hill. FH is always lovely and we had a great time. We walked the Telecom Loop once in the morning and once in the evening for exercise. My wife would then return to the bungalow and read while I chased butterflies. I mostly worked the waterfall area below FH. I also ventured down to the falls and a creek about 4 and 8 km, respectively, from the Gap along the road towards Raub. These areas were productive and I saw butterflies here that I did not record on the hill.

I used shrimp paste as bait. I could not find the preferred brand but what I had worked okay and attracted a number of butterflies. I also purchased some over-ripe bananas and kept these in the boot of the car for several days. Once they had "melted", I put them out in a forested area along a creek and within a half hour, four species of butterflies arrived to sip the tasty juices. I have to thank BC members out at Maliau who told me of these techniques.

The days at FH were fairly cloudy and there was always moisture in the air. We did not really have any bright blue sky days this year so it was difficult to take habitat shots. I will add a few shots, though, since some members like William will be unfamiliar with this fine place.

Forest along the Telecom Loop:

Lantana thickets were sometimes productive:

This was a very good area along the trail to Jeriau Falls. I saw many species of butterflies when I put out the shrimp paste bait.

Misty conditions along road to the Gap: