Thread: Visit by HKLS members

Default Visit by HKLS members

Many thanks to Anthony for organising the outings for the HKLS members and looking after them over the weekend. And also the volunteers who chipped in to help - YY, Benjamin, Mark and Horace. The HKLS members, led by Arex Li, came at a time when most of the senior members of BC were away either on our own trips or for work overseas.

A pity for them that it rained on most of their outings, except for today, which has some sunshine in the morning on the very last day of their trip (sounds similar to some of our own outings in Malaysia )

I met the group for dinner with Ant and Mark on their last evening here in Singapore. Seems like a very 'hardcore' bunch, very much like us, who are even into videography with slow-motion in-flight shots and all. I'm sure Ant and Mark can share some lessons learnt from the HKLS members when out in the field shooting.

They were the ones behind the HK Life Histories monographs that many of us bought.

So thanks Ant, Horace, Ben, YY and Mark. Much appreciated and I hope our friends from Hong Kong enjoyed some friendly Singapore hospitality!
    Khew SK
    Butterflies of Singapore BLOG
    Try not. Do, or do not. There is no try

Must also thank Chung Pheng for coming down to the hotel and taking care of them on Sunday as well as YK for letting us into the Butterfly Lodge and sending all of us to USR after that
    Anthony
    The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few or one.

Thank you all for taking care of us during the trip. We had great time for butterflying in Singapore though most of the time is raining. I think we can see much much more on sunny days. On the last day, Arex shot a Semanga superba deliciosa!

We enjoy butterflying in Singapre because most of the Singapore common butterflies don't exist in HK. For example, the Malayan Sunbeam is new to us! we got only Toothed Sunbeam in HK.

Taken at Dairy Farm on the first day
    http://www.hkls-forum.org/files/img_6420_cr_205.jpg

You are welcome to visit HK as some of the rare butterfly in Singapore is quite common in HK!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Commander; 08-Jun-2011 at 05:22 PM.

Hi Gigi, glad to have you and Arex onboard with us Slave flash did an excellent job in bringing out the orange colours of the wings.

Hope to see more shots from you and the rest of the gang!
    Anthony
    The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few or one.