PDA

View Full Version : For Mr. Ying Ling about my Website

Sister Sophie
14-Oct-2004, 03:58 AM
http://members5.clubphoto.com/sister369026/

The URL is only a very tiny sample of the hundreds of Postcards, Advertising/Rack Freecards, used Phonecards, and other Butterfly cards and paper souvenirs that I have in my many Albums, as well as my THOUSANDS of Butterfly Stamps (almost all of the stamps in full mint sets).

I do not have a computer or printer, and no scanner of my own. That is why my Website is so limited in scope.

I am very glad that you liked it and I hope that the other members will too.

Sister Sophie

Cycad Blue
14-Oct-2004, 04:21 PM
wow, THOUSANDS of butterfly stamps? You must have put in a lot of effort in collecting them. *Thumbsup*! Btw, I'm a girl, just like you, but don't call me Ms Ying Ling, just Ying Ling would do. :)

Sister Sophie
14-Oct-2004, 11:24 PM
I have been collecting the Butterfly, Moth, and Dragonfly Stamps (world-wide) for over 20 years. They are all in Plastic Pocket 3-ring Binder Sheets, and are organized alphabetically by Countries.

I do not not have EVERY Butterfly Stamp that was ever printed, but nearly so. (I stopped collecting, or at least slowed down, with the stamps a year or 2 ago because it became too expensive for me to have them all.) I also have many books about Butterflies. I have not counted the books, but I am guessing about 15 or so.

Then too, I planted a most-unsuccessful Butterfly Garden. The plants are there, but the butterflies are few and far between. Anyway, I do not own a camera.

My best collection is my Butterfly Postcard Collection. I have lots and lots of Postcards, both mint and postally used. Maybe up to 1000 cards altogether, but they are hard to count because it takes so much time. Anyway, the total number does not matter.

However, if anyone in Singapore (or anywhere else) can send me a Butterfly, Moth, and/or Dragonfly Postcard in an envelope, I will be most grateful. In that case, please contact me by e-mail to get my Postal Address:

sister_sophie_9 'at' yahoo.com

I hope that all of you have been looking at the many Butterfly URL's that I have been putting on the message board.

Thanking you, Sister Sophie

Yong San
15-Oct-2004, 07:08 AM
Hi Sophie,
Well, if I come across a post-card of butterfly, I will email you later :-)
BTW, would you mind to share with me some of your good butterfly books ?
Regards, << Yong >>