PDA

View Full Version : A Map and a Gem of a find

Painted Jezebel
10-Mar-2009, 09:35 AM
A +1!!! I have long been frustrated by the fact that I have not had any of the Subfamily Poritiinae on my Samui list. Yesterday, I corrected this omission by finding one, and it was a huge surprise. It is the very rare Cyaniriodes libna andersonii (The Emerald). :redbounce Unfortunately, it was in deep shade, and with no flash, I could not take any photos.

I also saw, for the first time in well over a year the Common Map, Cyrestis thyodamas thyodamas, and managed a record shot of the underside.

Commander
10-Mar-2009, 09:41 AM
Congrats, Les. Only one of you over there, and you already have more finds regularly. Imagine if all of BC members were to be over there in Samui helping you. We could be having +1's every week! :)

Painted Jezebel
10-Mar-2009, 09:54 AM
Thanks, SK. If I had help, I might not have missed what I suspect was a second Flos species for the Island. Unfortunately, it flew up to the canopy before I could ID it.:mad2:

Archduke
10-Mar-2009, 10:10 AM
i am getting out of army this year! maybe if i can find a job to support myself i want to visit there man! so many beautiful butterflies

benetay
10-Mar-2009, 09:38 PM
Nice find Les! Certainly a thrill to get a +1 anytime anyday!

Mark, i thought you planning to study?

Cheers!

Archduke
10-Mar-2009, 10:52 PM
i'm sure a little while out wont affect my budget depending on the pay =\

Sky Blue
22-Mar-2009, 11:08 AM
To ease future search, the name should be Cyrestis thyodamas thyodamas :)

Painted Jezebel
23-Mar-2009, 09:19 AM
Thanks, and sorry SC, the old grey cells playing up again!:old: Edited original post.:embrass: Also had to amend all relevent pages on my website, as I have been spelling this and the other members of the genus wrong since my arrival!!!