PDA

View Full Version : Penang Butt Farm

Painted Jezebel
09-Mar-2009, 09:31 AM
Having just returned from 10 days on Pulau Pinang, I had hoped to be able to show you some butts not found down your way. Unfortunately, owing to various factors, I can't! Firstly, my camera started playing up, AGAIN! Why does it always do this when I go abroad? The Flash would not work, and then the AutoFocus played up. Then there were the butts themselves. There were very, very few about, and those that were around were extremely skittish, not allowing me to get within 20 feet.

So, I will show you some of those I managed to photo at the Farm, which I don't think I showed last time. Just stating species as I can not be sure where the stock comes from to state subspecies.

1 & 2 - Idea leuconoe (I suspect ssp. clara)
3 & 4 - Troides amphrysus
5 - Discophora timora
6 - Euploea sp (Possibly modesta, but not absolutely certain as the upperside blue is very intense).

Glorious Begum
09-Mar-2009, 04:11 PM
Ahem... it is time to get a pro Cam. :bsmile:

Painted Jezebel
09-Mar-2009, 09:28 PM
Ahem... it is time to get a pro Cam. :bsmile:

Ahem..... ,I am a lepidopterist, not a photographer.:grin2: My camera is less than two years old, which means that I have a minimum of 8 years left before i buy a new one. I think I may upset one or two of you with that statement¬!!! Anyway, I still want to know what the Euploea species is!