PDA

View Full Version : Another +1 for Singapore??

Silverstreak
27-Dec-2008, 08:18 PM
Shot this pair this afternoon when Mark and me detached from the main group and went exploring .......:)

From my initial search the underside markings closely resemble the Nacaduba angusta kerriana:)

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d156/Schir/IMG_7326.jpg

Voucher specimen collected and Khew will be scrutinizing the marking further and the upper sides.

:cheers:

Commander
27-Dec-2008, 08:27 PM
From what I can see of the markings, the species is distinctive enough to confirm the ID as N. augusta kerriana. :cheers: Well done!

Haven't seen this before, so I wonder where this species has been hiding all this while? :hmmm: Keep hunting in that location. If they're mating, means they're breeding somewhere there...

Anyway, it's a +1 for Singapore, and we're pushing towards 290 with everyone's help! :gbounce:

benetay
27-Dec-2008, 08:30 PM
:thumbsup: 290 seems like it's doing well! When will be hit the 300 mark?

I've never seen it before too, you guys are really good in nailing it.

:thumbsup:

Cheers! for 290!

atronox
27-Dec-2008, 08:32 PM
Looks like it. Congratulations, Sunny!:redbounce

Commander
27-Dec-2008, 08:33 PM
Not yet 290 la... heading towards it only... :)

benetay
27-Dec-2008, 08:42 PM
Yes we're heading towards 290, soon it will be. I'm sure with all the effort you guys put in, it's just a matter of time. ;-)

Cheers!

Silverstreak
27-Dec-2008, 08:42 PM
So call it species #286 ?

The other 3 to be confirmed will get push back to 287 ,288, 289 .

Can reserver #288 for Abisara Kausambi kausambi or not??? :bsmile:

It was intended as species 281 but meanwhile we have nailed 8 more in the 3 years' wait ! :bsmile:

..... we did well......when I started shooting in Sept 2005 it was 269 species.

benetay
27-Dec-2008, 08:43 PM
*salute* #288 with the maroon colours of the Abisara Kausambi kausambi will bring BC with more luck. :bsmile:

Painted Jezebel
27-Dec-2008, 09:57 PM
What the XXX are you doing in Singapore. Firstly Vanessa indica and now N. angusta kerriana, which, incedentally, it most definitely is. I come across it often up here.

Will you please stop finding species which I thought were my specials!!!!:bsmile: STOP IT, STOP IT, STOP IT, you are making me look bad!!! Why is there not a Smiley of a baby throwing his toys out of a pram? :bsmile: Whatever, congratulations again!

If you see the female, the upperside hindwing markings are unmistakable.

horace2264
27-Dec-2008, 10:05 PM
Well done, Sunny for adding another species to the Singapore checklist. :cheers:

m00nman26
27-Dec-2008, 10:39 PM
Woohoo congrats Sunny!

Painted Jezebel
27-Dec-2008, 10:43 PM
Woohoo congrats Sunny!

Actually, James, I think it is you who should be congratulated. You showed the first photo of the species, I believe.:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Commander
27-Dec-2008, 10:47 PM
Actually, James, I think it is you who should be congratulated. You showed the first photo of the species, I believe.:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

James shot the Vanessa indica. It's Sunny who nailed the N. augusta. :grin2:

Great Mormon
27-Dec-2008, 10:51 PM
well done Sunny and James for finding this new species! :cheers:

Silverstreak
27-Dec-2008, 11:11 PM
All seen confused!

James shot the Indian Painted Lady Vanessa indica indica first 0n 24th Dec without realizing it was the vannessa indica indica and thought it to be the Painted Lady Vennesa cardui . Two days later on 26tg Me and Federick shot the same butterfy and I though the marking and color were different from the Vennesa cardui I shoot in 2006, however , I was busy and did not investigate further . Later Les highlighted it and we came to realize it was an Indian Lady.

Today Mark and me went off from the group to explore and encountered this mating pair ...Nacaduba augusta karriana

James was not there ....it was Mark .

Mark missed the India Painted Lady but he was with me when I spotted this Nacaduba augusta karriana.

I told him this ought to be something new when I saw the pair resting on the side of the trail with marking that is totally new to me ......never seen before.

While I took a couple of quick and dirty shots, he was all lineup behind to nailed this rare +1 ....... I gave him 30 seconds ...;P

Painted Jezebel
27-Dec-2008, 11:18 PM
Oops, sorry, I was thinking of the V. indica. I forgot which thread it was!:embrass:

Commander
27-Dec-2008, 11:21 PM
Sunny, if not for your "gut feeling" and knowledge of butts, we would have missed this new record... I don't think Mark can tell between a Nacaduba and a Jamides... :bsmile:

Peacock Royal
27-Dec-2008, 11:59 PM
Well done guys. What a fantastic last Saturday of 2008. :cheers: Let's hope another plus tomorrow.

Les, you have to work harder otherwise we will catch up with you soon :bsmile:

Archduke
28-Dec-2008, 11:50 AM
hitching a ride on ur thread

http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh146/log1t3ch/DSC_2726.jpg[/QUOTE]

pls ask for permission before using my shots

Common Mime
28-Dec-2008, 08:25 PM
Congrats, James and Sunny!

Silverstreak
28-Dec-2008, 10:58 PM
:hmmm:

Why everyone so blur last two days ??

This is species #286 Nacaduba augusta kerriana thread....

Archduke= Mark Wong

All seen confused!

James shot the Indian Painted Lady Vanessa indica indica first 0n 24th Dec without realizing it was the vannessa indica indica and thought it to be the Painted Lady Vennesa cardui . Two days later on 26tg Me and Federick shot the same butterfy and I though the marking and color were different from the Vennesa cardui I shoot in 2006, however , I was busy and did not investigate further . Later Les highlighted it and we came to realize it was an Indian Lady.

Today Mark and me went off from the group to explore and encountered this mating pair ...Nacaduba augusta karriana

James was not there ....it was Mark .

Mark missed the India Painted Lady but he was with me when I spotted this Nacaduba augusta karriana.

I told him this ought to be something new when I saw the pair resting on the side of the trail with marking that is totally new to me ......never seen before.

While I took a couple of quick and dirty shots, he was all lineup behind to nailed this rare +1 ....... I gave him 30 seconds ...

Great Mormon
29-Dec-2008, 01:01 AM
haha, im not sure sunny. its flu season and im down with it! *sneeze sneeze*

Painted Jezebel
29-Dec-2008, 09:55 AM
:hmmm:

Why everyone so blur last two days ??

Excess of Christmas SPIRITS:cheers: ! That my excuse anyway, and I'm sticking to it.

Silverstreak
01-Jan-2009, 01:52 PM
A little bird in the field ;P told me that another NAK has been shot again!!!

Lucky little early bird that gets the " butt "