PDA

View Full Version : A few more from K.S.

Painted Jezebel
03-Oct-2008, 09:34 AM
The butts seem to be around a bit more at the moment, and I managed a +1 photowise and a close up of another, recently found sp.

Elymnias obnubila - male (Chestnut Palmfly) - this is the +1. This is not found in Malaysia and is very rare wherever it is found. Now to get the upperwing shot, and a female!

Danaus affinis malayana - female (The Malay Tiger). At last managed to get close to one. Yet to see a male, but will keep looking.

Danaus chrysippus chrysippus f. chrysippus (Plain Tiger). This is the normal form, but the rarer one in Singapore.
Male

Female

Cethosia penthesilia methypsea - Female (Orange Lacewing)

Catochrysops strabo strabo - male (Forget-me-not). Very common at the moment here, but I like them.

Commander
03-Oct-2008, 09:41 AM
Oooo... Plain Lacewing! Long time never see this species in Singapore since we discovered in way back in the late 90's. The species was around for about 2 years over our surveys and then suddenly disappeared altogether. :-(

Back in Penang, it was the more common species where the Malay Lacewing is a lot rarer.

Painted Jezebel
03-Oct-2008, 09:46 AM
Don't have the Malay Lacewing up here, yet!. Having seen that species on my visit to Singapore, I would easliy recognise a female on the wing if I saw it. Still searching!

Great Mormon
03-Oct-2008, 11:13 AM
I often encounter the malay lacewing on the way to simon spa.
Ps: nice shots of the female plain tiger :D