PDA

View Full Version : Poritia philota philota --- still around

horace2264
06-Sep-2008, 11:51 AM
Went for a leaf run yesterday, and found this specimen under canopy lighting condition along this short-cut trail. This is the second time I found this species near this location.

It was perching high and far from me, making it very hard for any decent shot.

Common Mime
06-Sep-2008, 05:38 PM
It is still a good shot except that you placed the subject at the dead centre ;P

Commander
06-Sep-2008, 07:58 PM
Nice to know that they're still around, Horace. This one's a female, from the purplish grey colouration.

CM, this is a "sightings records" subforum. No need to comment on the photography here. I believe that's why Horace intentionally posted his shot here instead of at the Photography subforum.

In any case, given the shot, easily cropped to make it compositionally better. ;P

Common Mime
06-Sep-2008, 08:39 PM
Nice to know that they're still around, Horace. This one's a female, from the purplish grey colouration.

CM, this is a "sightings records" subforum. No need to comment on the photography here. I believe that's why Horace intentionally posted his shot here instead of at the Photography subforum.

In any case, given the shot, easily cropped to make it compositionally better. ;P
Nah, did not really comment on the photo, was just pulling his leg ;P Easy man. :bsmile:

horace2264
06-Sep-2008, 09:25 PM
No problem with that comment, CM and Khew. :)

If the original quality were good enough, I would have performed a tighter crop and paid more attention to the composition aspect. Hopefully this species occurs in greater number and frequency for more members to shoot this time round.

Peacock Royal
06-Sep-2008, 09:56 PM
Yes, glad to know this is still around. I am yet to shoot.
Same place ?

horace2264
07-Sep-2008, 12:36 AM
Yes, glad to know this is still around. I am yet to shoot.
Same place ?
No, this one is found at the trogon site where there is a short-cut side trail.

I have not seen this species at the first site (on the boardwalk) for quite some time.