PDA

View Full Version : Article Alert

Commander
11-Sep-2004, 01:01 AM
A latest scientific article on "A Revision of the Rattan-Feeding Skipper Genus, Zela" has just been published in the Malayan Nature Journal. The authors are Dr Laurence Kirton and the late Col John Eliot.

This article reclassifies the species in the genus Zela and updates and replaces the classification in C&P4. Hence, you'll need this article to replace the text and plates in C&P4 to be sure of the species in this genus.

This is an excellent example of a systematic classification and research into butterflies (at a very high scientific level). It also revises the name of the specimens that I shot at USR as Zela storeyi rather than Zela zenon. So the Singapore checklist has been updated accordingly.

Those of you who are interested can get a copy from me. (Be forewarned that it's for the really hardcore butterfly enthusiasts only ;P )

Rustic
11-Sep-2004, 01:12 AM
Can the article be distributed in PDF form? :)

Commander
11-Sep-2004, 01:15 AM
Can the article be distributed in PDF form? :)

I'll see if I can scan and process it. It's about 53 pages. :sweat:

Rustic
11-Sep-2004, 02:36 AM
I'll see if I can scan and process it. It's about 53 pages. :sweat:

wah ... that will be too hardcore for me. :bsmile:

kaleshs2002in
09-Jun-2008, 12:28 AM
A latest scientific article on "A Revision of the Rattan-Feeding Skipper Genus, Zela" has just been published in the Malayan Nature Journal. The authors are Dr Laurence Kirton and the late Col John Eliot.

This article reclassifies the species in the genus Zela and updates and replaces the classification in C&P4. Hence, you'll need this article to replace the text and plates in C&P4 to be sure of the species in this genus.

This is an excellent example of a systematic classification and research into butterflies (at a very high scientific level). It also revises the name of the specimens that I shot at USR as Zela storeyi rather than Zela zenon. So the Singapore checklist has been updated accordingly.

Those of you who are interested can get a copy from me. (Be forewarned that it's for the really hardcore butterfly enthusiasts only ;P )

I would be intersted in getting this article..can it be posted to me at Kaleshs2002in@yahoo.com.?

Painted Jezebel
09-Jun-2008, 09:00 AM
Hi Khew, if you can scan it I would be very interested to recieve a copy. It could effect my findings here!