PDA

View Full Version : SBG's "Logania" on 7 Sept

Peacock Royal
08-Sep-2004, 01:17 AM
Dropped by SBG for a short while this afternoon. Spotted this near the lake (near the Bukit Timah side). Managed to fire two shots before it flew off and disappeared.

#1a : Logania marmorata damis
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v297/Federick/SBG/Loganiamarmoratadamis1atSBGon7Sept.jpg

#1b
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v297/Federick/SBG/Loganiamarmoratadamis2atSBGon7Sept.jpg

Elbowed Pierrot
08-Sep-2004, 01:57 AM
nice catch fredick.. like the DOF for both pix

composition wise, #1 too centralize, #2 better but the longania tilted

Birdwing
08-Sep-2004, 12:52 PM
Good catch there Federick. :thumbsup: Have not seen this guy before so far.

Peacock Royal
08-Sep-2004, 01:01 PM
Rustic, Simon and Steven : Thanks.
I was very very lucky yesterday. Didn't expect to see it at SBG. It was flying infront of me and could not tell what it was. It suddently perched on a leaf of a fern and I realised that it was Logania but didn't have the chance to shoot. Got to wait for sometime before I could shoot it.

airforce1
08-Sep-2004, 03:42 PM
Great shot there. I haven't got it in my collections.

Elbowed Pierrot
08-Sep-2004, 03:47 PM
Great shot there. I haven't got it in my collections.

abdul, try SF near to the pipeline.. they are extremely small, so you need to take note of small flyers ;P

Common Rose
08-Sep-2004, 11:11 PM
Nice catch. Have not encountered this species yet.

Simon: How small? Size of Apefly or smaller?

Elbowed Pierrot
08-Sep-2004, 11:29 PM
Nice catch. Have not encountered this species yet.

Simon: How small? Size of Apefly or smaller?

around the same or smaller... looks like the size of a pygmy, the only different is when during flight, you can see the colour of the upper side of the wings

Peacock Royal
09-Sep-2004, 12:16 AM
Pygmy is the smallest. I think roughly the size of LGB. We were fortunate that the specimen that we found in Sime was quite bright in color. Else, most of us will just mistake it for a falling leaf.

Yes. It is about the size of a LGB I suppose. Flight pattern tends to be in a zigzag manner and not fast.