PDA

View Full Version : MO for C&P4?

The Monarch
30-Aug-2004, 03:27 PM
Anyone else interested in getting the above mentioned comprehensive butterfly book of Malayan Butterflies?

Khew: Any idea who to approach to conduct the mass order if we get sufficient interest?

Commander
30-Aug-2004, 03:33 PM
Anyone else interested in getting the above mentioned comprehensive butterfly book of Malayan Butterflies?

Khew: Any idea who to approach to conduct the mass order if we get sufficient interest?

Hmm... if there's sufficient interest, we may be able to MO directly from the Malaysian Nature Society members in Johor. As some of us here are members of MNS, there is a discount on the book, I believe.

Common Mime
30-Aug-2004, 05:07 PM
I may be interested. Do you have the ISBN code and more details about it? may be can ask "Riceball" at CS to chekc out the price if they can bring in for us?

Elbowed Pierrot
30-Aug-2004, 05:21 PM
ISBN - 983-9681-05-2
Butterflies of the Malay Peninsula, 4th Edition
Author: A. Steven Corbet and H.M. Pendlebury

Commander
30-Aug-2004, 05:23 PM
I may be interested. Do you have the ISBN code and more details about it? may be can ask "Riceball" at CS to chekc out the price if they can bring in for us?

Details about the book and the ISBN can be found here (http://www.mns.org.my/cgi-bin/ShowDetail.cgi?BkID=226&Smode=Author).

Who's Riceball? Got kangtow with MNS? Only members can get the discount.

Common Rose
30-Aug-2004, 09:01 PM
My butt flu is entering new stage, and need a more powerful medication by the code C&P4.

The Monarch
30-Aug-2004, 10:17 PM
I'll start the list here then. Just cut and paste if you're interested in the book.

1. Jason Ng

Common Rose
30-Aug-2004, 10:30 PM
1. Jason Ng
2. Neo CB

Birdwing
30-Aug-2004, 10:36 PM
1. Jason Ng
2. Neo CB
3. Steven Wee

Commander
30-Aug-2004, 11:00 PM
Managed to get Dr Lum, Vice Chairman of MNS(J) to help us buy C&P4 directly from KL MNS Head Office. That means a nice discount for member's rate (I think about 20% if I recall correctly).

The book costs $80 here in Singapore. So we could be looking at S$64, if they haven't changed the member's discount.

Keep the orders coming.

Peacock Royal
31-Aug-2004, 12:15 AM
Managed to get Dr Lum, Vice Chairman of MNS(J) to help us buy C&P4 directly from KL MNS Head Office. That means a nice discount for member's rate (I think about 20% if I recall correctly).
The book costs $80 here in Singapore. So we could be looking at S$64, if they haven't changed the member's discount.
Keep the orders coming.

Taking advantage of the discount opportunity so I don't mind getting one.

Thanks, Khew.

The Monarch
31-Aug-2004, 01:21 AM
Taking advantage of the discount opportunity so I don't mind getting one.

Thanks, Khew.

Hmmm.... does this mean we can add you to the list of interested members? :hmmm:

Cut and paste if yes... :-)

Peacock Royal
31-Aug-2004, 08:34 AM
Hmmm.... does this mean we can add you to the list of interested members? Cut and paste if yes...

Sorry didn't see the list.

Order for C&P4 :
1. Jason Ng
2. Neo CB
3. Steven Wee
4. Federick Ho

Common Mime
31-Aug-2004, 09:07 AM
Order of C&P4 :
1. Jason Ng
2. Neo CB
3. Steven Wee
4. Federick Ho
5. Chee Ming

Common Mime
31-Aug-2004, 09:58 AM
Details about the book and the ISBN can be found here (http://www.mns.org.my/cgi-bin/ShowDetail.cgi?BkID=226&Smode=Author).

Who's Riceball? Got kangtow with MNS? Only members can get the discount.

I dunno if he has the book but no harm trying since he has been giving discount for many photography books. Click here (http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=90253)

Commander
01-Sep-2004, 11:14 PM
I dunno if he has the book but no harm trying since he has been giving discount for many photography books. Click here (http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=90253)

Hmm... but this book is not a photography book leh... somemore published by MNS in Malaysia.

Anyway, no more takers? I'll be submitting the order via MNS(J) this weekend. Not sure how long it'll take to come over, and also I've gotta wait for the ER surveys before I meet up with the MNS(J) members.

So be patient...

Common Rose
01-Sep-2004, 11:23 PM
Anyway, no more takers? I'll be submitting the order via MNS(J) this weekend. Not sure how long it'll take to come over, and also I've gotta wait for the ER surveys before I meet up with the MNS(J) members.

So be patient...
Thanks very much.

dude83
02-Sep-2004, 01:53 AM
count me in too
sorry for the delay!! :what:

Cycad Blue
02-Sep-2004, 11:35 AM
Order of C&P4 :
1. Jason Ng
2. Neo CB
3. Steven Wee
4. Federick Ho
5. Chee Ming
6. Clayton
7. Ying Ling

Thanks Khew for organising the MO! :)

Commander
02-Sep-2004, 03:50 PM
Ok. Order placed. Thread closed. Will contact the members here who have made your orders when I receive the books. I'll settle the payments first.

Commander
06-Sep-2004, 06:17 PM
Re-opening this thread just to finalise the cost from Dr Lum of MNS(J). The book, with postage and packing, will cost about RM 120, with the MNS members' discount. So that works out to be under S$60! :what: That's a steal if the prices are locked in, so you lucky guys/gal will save about S$20 off the price that the SBG shop is selling it at.

I hope we can get the books in about a months' time or so.

Cycad Blue
06-Sep-2004, 06:53 PM
Thanks heaps, Khew! Do you need us to transfer the money to your bank account first?

Commander
06-Sep-2004, 07:01 PM
Thanks heaps, Khew! Do you need us to transfer the money to your bank account first?

Not yet. I'll let you guys know when. We'll probably be meeting Dr Lum on an official ER survey some time on the 18/19 of this month, and settle the final costs with him first, before he makes the orders to KL.