PDA

View Full Version : ID Help needed

Yong San
22-Aug-2004, 03:41 PM
Hello,
I took these two butterflies from Sungei Buloh, and I need your help to ID them. Thank you.

The Monarch
22-Aug-2004, 06:56 PM
Nice catch on the Rapala.

I'm guessing the first one is a Pointed Line Blue? :hmmm:

Elbowed Pierrot
22-Aug-2004, 07:22 PM
#1 peablue?
#2 looks like the Rapala dieneces dieneces

Yong San
23-Aug-2004, 08:33 PM
Thanks, Simon and Jason.

atronox
25-Jun-2008, 08:23 PM
I think i enjoy digging up old threads!:P The first one is a nacaduba, probably rounded six-line blue. It's too round for a pointed line blue, which is kinda triangular and the ground colour is different from a pea blue, which is off-white(?) with irregular brown markings.:grin2:

horace2264
25-Jun-2008, 08:55 PM
I think i enjoy digging up old threads!:P The first one is a nacaduba, probably rounded six-line blue. It's too round for a pointed line blue, which is kinda triangular and the ground colour is different from a pea blue, which is off-white(?) with irregular brown markings.:grin2:

It is a four-line blue, very likely Nacaduba pavana. The Rapala sp. should be a Suffused Flash. Both species are residents of SBWR.

I believe over the years, the original poster and the contributors of this old thread have all become aware of the species ID of these two specimens.

Glorious Begum
25-Jun-2008, 10:14 PM
You didn't call else i will take you to Ritra. :cheers:

Silverstreak
25-Jun-2008, 10:36 PM
From SBWR, and the colors and marking matches that of the Nacaduba pavana singapura. I think it is .

Concur with Simon and Horace, the Flash is Rapala suffusa barthema (Suffused Flash)

atronox
26-Jun-2008, 05:02 PM
It is a four-line blue, very likely Nacaduba pavana.Stupid me! Yes, it's a four line blue.:confused: Thx Horace for pointing that out.:grin2:

Yong San
15-Jul-2008, 01:05 PM
You didn't call else i will take you to Ritra. :cheers:

Thanks, I will call you next time (probably year end) as that place is simply too big to explore. How do find Ritra in a few hundred ha area ?? :)

Thanks others for confirming the ID of this old photo. :cheers: