PDA

View Full Version : Today's outing

Painted Jezebel
24-Aug-2007, 06:39 PM
Not much around still, but managed another +1 photo wise. I am now up to 184 species with photos, against 267 species seen.

New one today is Pathysa antiphates itamputi, which, although having been seen many times has always evaded my camera!

I also show you a Dacalana burmana, in the VERY unusual position of being the right way up! Normally it hangs, wings closed, on the underside of a leaf.

Finally, one from yesterday, which I am at a total loss to ID. Taken from some distance, so quality poor, but it does not seem to match anything I can find in my books.

Commander
24-Aug-2007, 06:43 PM
Woo~. Nice Dacalana.

Hmm... that UFO looks familiar. One of those Euthalia/Tanaecia buggers probably. But "insufficient data for processing"... :grin2:

Painted Jezebel
24-Aug-2007, 06:49 PM
Thanks SK. Actually I've a couple of other photos of this very cooperative Dacalana where the white line is totally straight, horizontal, and divides the photo exactly into two. A complete accident but far too artistic for me!

I had guessed at that grouping for the mystery one, but nothing I have has such a bland underside with the two tiny dots on the hindwing.

Sky Blue
24-Aug-2007, 10:44 PM
wow, something new to my eyes. Nice one!