PDA

View Full Version : Atmospherics wrong again!

Painted Jezebel
22-Aug-2007, 02:26 PM
What an awful morning! Nothing about but still managed, after 5 months of trying to get a photo of Tanaecia godartii asoka (Malay Count). Very similar to your Tanaecia iapis, but the hindwing blue band narrows towards the apex, from the tornus. The underside differs as well, but as it has taken me this long just to get a shot of the upperside, don't hold your breath! Seems a nice fresh specimen, as the white cilia can be seen clearly.

Silverstreak
22-Aug-2007, 02:42 PM
Les ,

Good record shot !! Better than return empty handed from the morning hunt.:cheers:

We are experiencing the same weather here, a very unusually wet month for this time of the year.:lazy2:

From the weather chart it appears that we should be back to normal, hopefully, soon.

Commander
22-Aug-2007, 02:49 PM
What an awful morning! Nothing about but still managed, after 5 months of trying to get a photo of Tanaecia godartii asoka (Malay Count). Very similar to your Tanaecia iapis, but the hindwing blue band narrows towards the apex, from the tornus. The underside differs as well, but as it has taken me this long just to get a shot of the upperside, don't hold your breath! Seems a nice fresh specimen, as the white cilia can be seen clearly.

This species is common at times at Bunker Trail. We encountered both males and females in numbers at our "base camp" before. In C&P4, there is a "Singapore" subspecies called T. godartii puloa if I remember correctly, supposedly found in the southern islands of Singapore between us and Indonesia. However, I've never seen it before.

Painted Jezebel
22-Aug-2007, 05:20 PM
We are experiencing the same weather here, a very unusually wet month for this time of the year.:lazy2:

From the weather chart it appears that we should be back to normal, hopefully, soon.

We need the rain here, only 2 wet days in the last month! My three rainwater tanks are empty and the garden is thirsty!