PDA

View Full Version : More new ones from Samui

Painted Jezebel
29-Jul-2007, 09:20 PM
I hope I'm helping your full checklist! Here are more new ones not found in Singapore.

1)Bassarona dunya dunya (The Great Marquis)
2)Doleschallia basaltide pratipa (Autumn Leaf) Male this time of Southern Thai ssp.
3)Zographetus rama (The Small Flitter)

richardlbong
29-Jul-2007, 09:49 PM
Les, your shooting is improving by leaps and bound. Soon you'll be able to shoot like the gurus here.
Richard

Painted Jezebel
29-Jul-2007, 10:09 PM
Thank you Richard. I have certainly noticed the difference in quality with the new camera. They seem a bit grainy (is that what is called 'noise'?) to me. I am assuming that this is because I am having to get very near to the subject before shooting. I am going to have to order a zoom from Bangkok! If it isn't, perhaps you can advise me on reducing this graininess.

richardlbong
29-Jul-2007, 10:43 PM
Les, I assume you're shooting in either 'Program' or Auto mode. If this is the case, the camera will generally apply a high ISO when you are shooting in a dim lit area. Another problem is that you have heavily cropped the shot in order to show the details of the butterfly. This will give rise to the noise level. Try shooting with a fill flash. Use the builtin flash if you do not have an external one. Set the flash at -2/3. You can do this by pressing the +/- icon nest to the LCD screen. When you get the long lens try to get the external flash as well. This is extremely useful when shooting in the forests where lighting is very unpreditable.
Richard

Sky Blue
29-Jul-2007, 11:23 PM
very excited seeing so many new butts, really thanks for sharing with us ;-)

btw, found a spelling error when try to look-up in our main DB: Doleschallia bisaltide pratipa

Painted Jezebel
30-Jul-2007, 12:14 AM
Oops!:embrass: Now corrected. Thank you.