PDA

View Full Version : Back to Jedi Training School

Commander
22-Jul-2007, 04:04 PM
Took the MkIII out for a spin at TPTP this morning. Wasn't sure if the weather was going to *blah* again today. ;P Fortunately, it was just overcast without the rains (as predicted by the NEA website).

Still getting used to the new settings and buttons on the MkIII, and all these shots were taken at ISO800. Very little hint of noise. :) The 10fps was awesome, and the hair trigger ends up blasting more shots that I needed.

As with the AF problem, it's more to do with those sports and birdie shooters, so I didn't encounter any problem with the AF. Haven't tried the AI Servo yet, but it would be an overkill for stationary subjects.

All shots handheld. Av mode, with fill flash from the 580 EXII. Still fumbling around with the flash compensation, and the accuracy differs from Nikon's flash system.

Still a lot to learn again, and I'm back on the learning curve. :sweat:

Cigaritis wong
22-Jul-2007, 06:05 PM
Good noise control, hope there is digic III in the upcoming 40D. You switching camp to canon? Or just buy for fun ;P BTW, what lens are you using? Quite sharp and steady if it's not an IS lens :thumbsup:

Elbowed Pierrot
22-Jul-2007, 07:03 PM
haha, finally :), the Sith lord has repent and join the white side

Commander
22-Jul-2007, 07:50 PM
Good noise control, hope there is digic III in the upcoming 40D. You switching camp to canon? Or just buy for fun ;P BTW, what lens are you using? Quite sharp and steady if it's not an IS lens :thumbsup:

Yes, and I switched off the in-camera noise reduction for long exposure and high ISO. It comes really clean off the camera. That's something that Nikon needs to catch up.

Using the 180mm f3.5 L USM :)

haha, finally :), the Sith lord has repent and join the white side

So far, everything's black leh... :prrr:

richardlbong
22-Jul-2007, 08:41 PM
Looks like there will be a couple of Nikons top end cameras for sale soon?
Richard

Peacock Royal
22-Jul-2007, 08:46 PM
Nikon is losing ground slowly.

Commander
22-Jul-2007, 08:51 PM
Nikon is losing ground slowly.

Federick... wait for D3X... supposed to beat the socks off the Mk III. :grin2:

Looks like there will be a couple of Nikons top end cameras for sale soon?

Richard

Richard, you interested? ;-)

richardlbong
22-Jul-2007, 09:34 PM
No way, waiting for a new upgrade of the 30D.
Richard