PDA

View Full Version : My Record Shots at USR on 15 Aug

Peacock Royal
15-Aug-2004, 10:41 PM
Went to USR with Birdwing after Sime. Very unlucky and lucky, unlucky because the sky was overcast so stayed there about 30 mins before heavy downpours. Lucky because we met the guru and I managed to shoot what I wanted to get though the shots were far from satisfactory.

#1 : Lesser Harlequin - This fellow kept on turning. Only managed two shots; one not sharp :mad2: the other from a wrong angle. No chance to produce more shots. I think Birdwing should have good shots.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v297/Federick/MacRitiche/LesserHarlequin1.jpg

#1a
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v297/Federick/MacRitiche/LesserHarlequin2.jpg

Anywhere I considered myself very lucky to be able to see this beautiful butt under the very clowdy and dark condition.

#2 : Banana Skipper (thanks Khew for the id) - Also only managed to produce two shots from far. I saw this skipper on 7 Aug at USR also.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v297/Federick/MacRitiche/BananaSkipper.jpg

Commander
15-Aug-2004, 10:44 PM
Went to USR with Birdwing after Sime. Very unlucky and lucky, unlucky because the sky was overcast so stayed there about 30 mins before heavy downpours. Lucky because we met the guru and I managed to shoot what I wanted to get though the shots were far from satisfactory.

Not to worry, there'll always be a next time. Keep on shooting and you'll encounter it again eventually.

Since you saw the Abisara geza niya at Sime Forest, you may notice that the behaviour of the Abisara and this Lesser Harlequin is quite similar. They like hopping from leaf to leaf, and keep turning around.

Hope you managed to make it to your in-laws place before it poured!

airforce1
15-Aug-2004, 10:47 PM
Federick, at least you got the chance to see and record. Me still no luck .
May go there again soon.

cheers
abdul

Peacock Royal
15-Aug-2004, 10:57 PM
Federick, at least you got the chance to see and record. Me still no luck .May go there again soon.

Abdul, wishing you good luck. I think you have to patiently stay there and somehow it just suddenly appears.

Elbowed Pierrot
15-Aug-2004, 11:02 PM
the Abisara geza niya was too difficult to shoot.. not only did IT hopping from leaf to leaf, it didn't stay on the leaf long enuff for me to turn my focusing ring :angry:. But from 2 weekend outing at Sime.. I have spotted new species not on my list, on both occasions

Peacock Royal
15-Aug-2004, 11:04 PM
Since you saw the Abisara geza niya at Sime Forest, you may notice that the behaviour of the Abisara and this Lesser Harlequin is quite similar. They like hopping from leaf to leaf, and keep turning around.
Hope you managed to make it to your in-laws place before it poured!

Ya, the Abisara is very fast. At first it was flying low but we just could not focus our cam on it. If it continues to stay around opposite SICC area, some of us may have a chance to snap it.

Thanks for giving me the lift otherwise I will be completely drenched.

Elbowed Pierrot
15-Aug-2004, 11:09 PM
ratz :mad2:, regret not going to USR with the guys... eventually, I also didn't go to the travel fair nor to shoot fireworkz... too exhausted from 2 days b'fly hunting