PDA

View Full Version : How to get the butts to come to you!

Painted Jezebel
25-Jun-2007, 06:05 PM
A very good day on Samui today, despite it being overcast. 4 new species to add to my list, and several other nice species around.

Some, to my mind, nice photos taken. They may not be to the purists liking, owing to the backgrounds (my shirt and rucksack). However, I can heartily recommend the following method to get the butts to come to you:

Firstly, get to the bottom of a high waterfall. Then walk in a shirt, carrying a rucksack in high humidity (this is very important), to the top. By the time you get to the top you will be soaked in sweat. Take of your shirt, and lay it beside the rucksack on the ground. In no time at all, many species will be attracted to them both. Today's attractants were:
Polyura athamas athamas, Charaxes bernadus crepax, Cirrochroa tyche rotundata, Paduca fasciata fasciata, Chersonesia rahroides, Anthene emolus goberus, Prosotas nora superdates, Caleta roxus pothus, Plautella cossaea pambui, Celatoxia marginata splendens.

Surprisingly, no papilios or pierids were attracted by my sweat, which I find most upsetting and very hurtful!

Hope you enjoy!

Les
224!!

Herewith, some of the acceptable photos taken:
1)Polyura athamas athamas (Male)
2)Cirrochroa tyche rotundata (Male)
3)Anthene emolus goberus (Female) - Yes I know, another one, but this is female!
4)Cepora nadina nadina (Male) - Likes to puddle, but not on me!

Commander
25-Jun-2007, 06:48 PM
Wow... and just imagine the numbers that would come a-flocking if we were to bring our Formula B along! :)

Painted Jezebel
25-Jun-2007, 06:50 PM
Er - What's Formula B??????

Les

richardlbong
25-Jun-2007, 09:11 PM
That's our secret weapon.
Richard

Painted Jezebel
25-Jun-2007, 09:20 PM
Sorry, Richard, the secrets out. I now know, and I have some at home. To be honest, being a westerner, I've been scared to use it for its original purpose, this may be a good way to get rid of it.

Les

Sky Blue
22-Jul-2007, 01:00 AM
Hi Les, how to tell the Ciliate Blue is a female, female also puddle?

Painted Jezebel
22-Jul-2007, 07:42 AM
Hi SC,

I saw her arrive, and therefore could see the upperside.

Les:cheers: