PDA

View Full Version : Sime Forest - 9 Jun 07

Commander
09-Jun-2007, 06:33 PM
It was a hot sunny day (at least most of the time) for the newbies' outing at SF today. Simon the guru was leading the way and I believe most of the new members managed to nail a tame Blue Jay at Simon's Spa.

Here are a couple of butts shots for the day - common ones, and I hope the new members managed their +1, +2, +3 and so on. :)

Commander
09-Jun-2007, 06:36 PM
Here are some action shots... :)

Simon the guru giving a few tips to Bobby on the finer points of how to prone properly... :bsmile:
http://www.geocities.com/hexaglider/bc2x-gurusimon.jpg

Our newbies taking turns to shoot the Blue Jay. :)
http://www.geocities.com/hexaglider/bc2x-proning.jpg

The Monarch
09-Jun-2007, 07:46 PM
Good to see Simon and the spa back in action!

Common Mime
09-Jun-2007, 08:27 PM
Lovely shots you have there, Master!

Simon, good to see you proning at your spa again!

Painted Jezebel
09-Jun-2007, 09:13 PM
I hope you all had a better day than I did up north. The last three days have been terrible, hardly any butts about. May be it is too hot!:sweat: Only managed to shoot a busy pair of Eurema brigitta hainana (a diff. ssp. to that found in Singapore), and the best photo is not worth showing (Bright yellow butts against yellow/brown background does NOT work well!). No new species today so stuck on 208. Did see a Dacalana species, but it was under a tree where there is a colony of fire ants, and I did not want yet another visit to the hospital!

I look forward to all your photos from today.

Les

Commander
09-Jun-2007, 09:54 PM
Les, what's the last known official species count for Koh Samui?

Painted Jezebel
09-Jun-2007, 10:06 PM
208 confirmed species, plenty others seen but not ID'd to my satisfaction.

Les

Silverstreak
09-Jun-2007, 10:52 PM
..... at the meantime , Sunny wandered off in search of species #280!!;P

the good news is since yesterday I had met 5 Poritia philota philota , so it appears that they are more common than we previously thought. Today met 2 more close to RS. Lesser Harlequin was sighted but it din give me a chance to shoot.

The bad news is the host plant for Banded Royal died along with its hostplant. So those who missed it last year , might not see it again...for a long long time.:-(