PDA

View Full Version : Butterfly watcher from India

Malabar_tree_nymph
10-Aug-2004, 11:35 PM
hi guys ,
I am kishan . I am an amateur butterfly watcher from Bangalore , India.
I have a small website . The link is http://www.geocities.com/kishan_nie/photos/photos.html

Right now I am studying the migration of 2 nymphalidae species , dark blue tiger and double branded crows . Let me know if these butterflies migrate in singapore also .

happy butterflying ,
kishan :hello:

Common Rose
10-Aug-2004, 11:38 PM
:hello: Welcome to B-Pals.

Commander
10-Aug-2004, 11:46 PM
hi guys ,
I am kishan . I am an amateur butterfly watcher from Bangalore , India.
I have a small website . The link is http://www.geocities.com/kishan_nie/photos/photos.html

Right now I am studying the migration of 2 nymphalidae species , dark blue tiger and double branded crows . Let me know if these butterflies migrate in singapore also .

happy butterflying ,
kishan :hello:

Hi Kishan,

Welcome to ButterflyPals. I travel to Bangalore about once a month on business and it'll be good to meet up with you one day when I can spend a weekend there.

Both the species that you mentioned have not been found in Singapore so far, but exist in Malaysia. I presume you mean Tirumala septentrionis and Euploea sylvester.

Do contribute your experiences and observations of butterflies in India.

:cheers:

Peacock Royal
10-Aug-2004, 11:52 PM
Hi Kishan :
Good to have you on-board. Saw your website - you have put up many beautiful shots of butterflies. Nice work.

Malabar_tree_nymph
11-Aug-2004, 12:12 AM
Hi Kishan,

Welcome to ButterflyPals. I travel to Bangalore about once a month on business and it'll be good to meet up with you one day when I can spend a weekend there.

Both the species that you mentioned have not been found in Singapore so far, but exist in Malaysia. I presume you mean Tirumala septentrionis and Euploea sylvester.

Do contribute your experiences and observations of butterflies in India.

:cheers:

hi,

Yes Ofcourse I meant euploea sylvester and tirumala septentrionis.
Btw has any of your danains migrate in singapore ? If yes do let me know.

Thanks for your mails ,
kishan

bell
11-Aug-2004, 11:44 AM
Hi Kishan! Welcome welcome!
U hv a great website! :thumbsup:

Elbowed Pierrot
11-Aug-2004, 12:22 PM
have nice collection of photos u got there :thumbsup: but it could be better if the species are arranged in their subspecies and non-skewed/stretched

Cycad Blue
11-Aug-2004, 01:03 PM
welcome, kishan! great to have friends from India on Butterflypals!

Malabar_tree_nymph
11-Aug-2004, 06:08 PM
have nice collection of photos u got there :thumbsup: but it could be better if the species are arranged in their subspecies and non-skewed/stretched

yes I am designing one more website where all the images will be sorted upto the subspecies level and will have scientific names along with the common ones .

Thanks and regards,
kishen

Sky Blue
12-Aug-2004, 10:11 AM
Welcome kishen, thank for sharing the India butterfly with us. Interesting to know that the Five Bar Swordtail got a different design/look (spot swordtail). Here we only have the the Five Bar Swordtail (Pathysa antiphates itamputi)

(link from yr website)
http://www.geocities.com/kishan_nie/photos/swallowtails2_files/image004.jpg