PDA

View Full Version : Y did u choose that species as ur nick?

Common Rose
23-May-2004, 11:45 PM
Just curious as in the title.

For me, the first species that came to mind was 'Cycad Blue'; then change to 'Common Rose' on second thot. The Commander can verify this change. There are two reasons:

1. So many pple like my Common Rose. :-)
2. Knew that someone else would also like to use 'Cycad Blue'. ;-)

So what's ur reason?

Chestnut Bob
24-May-2004, 02:22 AM
Why I choose Chestnut Bob? Cos my name is Bob :-)

Sky Blue
24-May-2004, 10:01 AM
sky blue - i wanted to get an easy to call & remember name, so I choose this very common name, common to everybody on the street but ppl might not know it's actually a butterfly's name :cheers:

Commander
24-May-2004, 10:10 AM
The Commander is a pretty butterfly which is related to the "Admirals" species of the European countries. I like its red-and-white colours and the patterns.

What is memorable was that it was one of the first non-urban butts that I chased and caught many years ago when I lived in Petaling Jaya. It was at this place called Gasing Hill where I captured my first Commander after a long chase. Was very exciting when I first saw it, as I'd never seen one before. ;P

Birdwing
27-May-2004, 12:26 PM
Well, the reason I chose Birdwing (shortened from Common Birdwing for simplicity) is coz its a very striking butt...first caught my eyes when I sighted it for the first time at the Zoo, when it fluttered among the bushes near the reservoir side...I kept trailing it and wondering what species this gorgeous butt was....thanks to the postings on CS Macro forums I was able to ID it as a Common Birdwing.

Also...there is another significance in the name...another subject I like shooting very much...but this is a butt forum so....heheh... ;-)

Thats the story, hope I didn't bore u... ;P