PDA

View Full Version : Tree Yellow

Commander
02-May-2007, 12:15 AM
Encountered this hungry Tree Yellow (Gandaca harina distanti) in the nature reserves yesterday. Probably kept from feeding by the morning rains and this was shot at 3:45 in the afternoon with the low afternoon sun creating a backlit shot situation.

Here are four different views of the Tree Yellow puddling. Quite tame at times, and even allowed me to pull away some obstructing leaves and twigs to get a better shot. :)

Cigaritis wong
02-May-2007, 02:34 AM
So the morning sumatras are not so bad for shooting butterflies. Makes it cooler and cloudy for the afternoon? How is the butt activity after the morning rains? I have no time,energy lately to go and explore :-(

Weather is kinda weird these days, 4 consecutive sumatras and another one coming now I think :sweat:

Commander
02-May-2007, 07:57 AM
The early morning rains kinda spoil the momentum of getting up and heading out for a butt shoot eh?

So far, when the sun shines for a while after the rains, there is quite a lot of activity. Especially so at the flowering Eugenia trees at various parts of our usual haunts.

It's particularly wet for Apr/May this year isn't it?

Sky Blue
02-May-2007, 08:41 AM
like the backlit shots most :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

yes, there's one very hot May 2-3 yrs back

Common Mime
02-May-2007, 09:07 AM
Nice Tree Yellow shots!

richardlbong
02-May-2007, 10:32 AM
Nice shots SK. While you guys were getting morning Sumatras I was having a great time at Kota Tinggi the last couple of days. Will post some of the butts shot there soon.
Richard

Commander
02-May-2007, 10:42 AM
Thanks guys. The weather must be getting to me, if I can only get to shoot and post Yellows! ;P Next would be the Bush Browns and N-Rings. :bsmile:

Richard, no wonder you've been so quiet. Did you have better weather up there?

richardlbong
02-May-2007, 10:56 AM
Weather was great at the Waterfall Resort. Had a great time with VIP treatment from the resort managers. Driven to the areas around the resort which incidently only 10 minutes drive from Panti forest. I spoke to them and they can make special arrangments for B-pals members who are interested to shoot butterflies there.
Richard

Cruiser
02-May-2007, 12:08 PM
You must be having great time there shooting butts. Are there many butts around and is the place safe to walk around in the field?

richardlbong
02-May-2007, 12:25 PM
The place is safe and in fact I was taken on a guided tour by one of the mangers. They even promise a guide and and official permit to the Panti forest should we make a group arrangment.
Richard

Peacock Royal
02-May-2007, 01:08 PM
Khew, nice Tree Yellow shots with different bgs and natural lighting effects.
I think not easy to shoot puddling N-rings. Seems that they don't puddle often.