PDA

View Full Version : USR this PM - Skipper ID

Cruiser
07-Aug-2004, 10:19 PM
This skipper is shot during this afternoon's butts hunt at USR, quite small and the total length is about 1.5cm, head to wing tip.

Any idea what's the ID of this skipper :thinking:

Commander
07-Aug-2004, 10:28 PM
This skipper is shot during this afternoon's butts hunt at USR, quite small and the total length is about 1.5cm, head to wing tip.

Any idea what's the ID of this skipper :thinking:

Did you shoot it at the other path leading to the playground (at the L-corner drain area where I shot the other rare skipper?)

Cruiser
07-Aug-2004, 10:46 PM
Did you shoot it at the other path leading to the playground (at the L-corner drain area where I shot the other rare skipper?)

Yes, I shot it at the same place where you found the rare skipper-Zographetus doxus.

So you must have seen/shot this fellow before :-)

Commander
07-Aug-2004, 10:49 PM
Yes, I shot it at the same place where you found the rare skipper-Zographetus doxus.

So you must have seen/shot this fellow before :-)

Yes. Well done! I've encountered this species twice before at the same place. The host plant must be around there. Another rare one, and a species which has also not been recorded by C&P4 (it was recorded in the NParks research paper that Steven Neo and I wrote as "new discovery for Singapore).

It's called Suastus everyx. I recognise the markings, that's why I asked you if you shot it at that location. :cheers:

Cruiser
07-Aug-2004, 10:57 PM
thx for the ID, no wonder I could no find anything close to it on C&P4! so it's another new record/species for me :cheers:

Commander
07-Aug-2004, 11:06 PM
thx for the ID, no wonder I could no find anything close to it on C&P4! so it's another new record/species for me :cheers:

It's in C&P4, but just not recorded as found in Singapore. It's shown on Plate 54 Species 55 & 56 on that page. It's a rather small butt, about the size of a Chestnut Bob.