PDA

View Full Version : ID of two species, help please

horace2264
07-Mar-2007, 07:32 PM
Shot these two butts in CCA. The first one I think is Virachola kessuma, and the second looks a close match to the shot by Federick in the BC checklist for
Flos anniella anniella. Please provide assistance in confirming or suggesting an alternative ID.

Horace

Common Mime
07-Mar-2007, 10:23 PM
I am just guessing. #1 is a Jamides bochus nabonassar while #2 is a Flos anniella anniella?

horace2264
07-Mar-2007, 11:52 PM
I am just guessing. #1 is a Jamides bochus nabonassar while #2 is a Flos anniella anniella?

Thanks for the ID suggestion for the first one and confirmation for the second.
I have been observing a colony of Dark Caerulean at WWW for quite a few outings, and my impression/observation of this butt at CCA does not relate to the Dark Caerulean immediately. :thinking: :confused:

Horace

Silverstreak
08-Mar-2007, 01:24 AM
Congrates Horace!:cheers:

I Think you have shot the elusive Pitcher Blue Virachola kessuma deliochus .

The last time it was shot was at TBHP hilltop.

The markings conforms to what we have in the checklist except the copy you shot is a bit worn.

[ Took the liberty of straightening your picture on the right for ease of comparison]

Commander
08-Mar-2007, 01:27 AM
Wah... Sunny using infra-red technology to compare butts now? :bsmile:

horace2264
08-Mar-2007, 01:37 AM
Congrates Horace!:cheers:

I Think you have shot the elusive Pitcher Blue Virachola kessuma deliochus .

The last time it was shot was at TBHP hilltop.

The markings conforms to what we have in the checklist except the copy you shot is a bit worn.

[ Took the liberty of straightening your picture on the right for ease of comparison]

Sunny, thanks a thousand times for going to such length to verify the butt ID for me. Getting the confirmation from the only BC member (as far as I can tell from the forum posts) who shot this species is very reassuring indeed.

Horace