PDA

View Full Version : Punggol Edge Outing

Commander
11-Feb-2007, 08:26 PM
Ben Jin, Federick and I checked out the Punggol Edge area to see how the Tawny Costers and No Brand Grass Yellows fared over the wet season. Besides the construction work moving closer and closer to the area, the vegetation seems as before.

Though there were fewer Tawny Costers than before, they were still around. The NBGYs were also around, as their host plants seemed to have recovered with the wet season. However, the place was quite hot, dry and windy when we were there. :heat: Not the most ideal of conditions for shooting butt macros.

Here're a couple of shots taken on Sat morning.

Peacock Royal
11-Feb-2007, 11:55 PM
A few more species.
Most of my shots suffered from motion blur. Here are a few presentable shots from the outing.

1. Appias libythea olferna (Striped Albatross)
2. Jamides celeno aelianus (Common Caerulean)
3. Potanthus omaha omaha(Lesser Dart) - correction : should be Tellicota spp
4. Telicota spp ?
5. UFO

horace2264
12-Feb-2007, 12:25 AM
Sharp shots with very nice backgrounds. Definitely looked like a very sunny and brightly lit group outing.

It is good to know that the two species discovered at that location are still there. Looks like a re-visit is a worthwhile exercise for me.

Horace

Commander
12-Feb-2007, 09:49 AM
Federick,

#3, #4 & #5 appears to be the same species of Telicota I believe. The darker ones are usually the females. It would be good if we can observe mating pairs and you will understand the differences between the males and females.

Peacock Royal
12-Feb-2007, 02:24 PM
From what I can recall. #3 is larger than the Lessar Dart.
Yes, likely that it is not LD.

Cruiser
12-Feb-2007, 10:46 PM
Nice capture guys - under difficult and windy conditions :cheers: