PDA

View Full Version : Zographetus doxus?

horace2264
09-Feb-2007, 11:13 PM
Shot this small skipper at KRP. A check with the B-circle checklist suggests that this is Zographetus doxus. Am I right?

Horace

Commander
09-Feb-2007, 11:26 PM
Yup. Chalking up the species count really fast these days eh? :cheers:

Common Mime
09-Feb-2007, 11:29 PM
Hi Horace,

Nice shot of this little bugger. I agree with you that this is indeed a Zographetus doxus.

It looks like a product shoot to me. Exposure, sharpness and composition is superb :)

horace2264
09-Feb-2007, 11:31 PM
Yup. Chalking up the species count really fast these days eh? :cheers:

Thanks, Khew for the confirmation.
My next target for species count is 200, hopefully by middle 2007.

Horace

horace2264
09-Feb-2007, 11:35 PM
Hi Horace,

Nice shot of this little bugger. I agree with you that this is indeed a Zographetus doxus.

It looks like a product shoot to me. Exposure, sharpness and composition is superb :)

Thanks, Chee Ming. Luck played a huge part in the shot. The cooperative butt (allowing me to get near) and the hot sunny weather (good lighting condition) helped a great deal.

Horace

Peacock Royal
09-Feb-2007, 11:48 PM
Nice and sharp shot. :thumbsup:
I am yet to shoot this species.

horace2264
10-Feb-2007, 02:45 PM
Nice and sharp shot. :thumbsup:
I am yet to shoot this species.

Thanks, Federick.
The butt could be in season. You can try KRP, or even the neighbouring AH and and MF where sightings were made in the past.

Horace

Cigaritis wong
10-Feb-2007, 04:33 PM
Really admire your passion in butt photography. Me got heart no energy :prrr:

BTW, you mentioned hot sunny condition? I think it's under the shade ya? Just that the weather is bright and sunny. Cuz I think if under harsh sunlight, it will show up on the butt?

horace2264
10-Feb-2007, 06:46 PM
Really admire your passion in butt photography. Me got heart no energy :prrr:

BTW, you mentioned hot sunny condition? I think it's under the shade ya? Just that the weather is bright and sunny. Cuz I think if under harsh sunlight, it will show up on the butt?

You are right about the lighting condition at the scene.

Horace

Sky Blue
11-Feb-2007, 12:05 AM
Nice one, uploaded to checklist.