PDA

View Full Version : TBHP: Nawab, Judy & Flash

horace2264
05-Jan-2007, 12:04 AM
Shot these butts at TBHP. My record shot of the Blue Nawab (pic 1). It was likely drunken on the flowers, and was still there when I left after an 1-hour session. A UFO flash (pic 2, ID help required). And a female Malay Plum Judy (pic 3).

Horace

Cigaritis wong
05-Jan-2007, 02:27 AM
Your flash definitely looks like the one I took earlier on in PRP. And the color is also the same as yours, chocolate brown (my wb was screwed up). Is it small? Say about 1cm or slightly more ...

I IDed mine as suffused flash. But looking back again, I think I am wrong. I'm not sure if this might help, but I think the large black spot on the end of the hingwing might give a clue :hmmm:

horace2264
05-Jan-2007, 10:28 AM
Your flash definitely looks like the one I took earlier on in PRP. And the color is also the same as yours, chocolate brown (my wb was screwed up). Is it small? Say about 1cm or slightly more ...

I IDed mine as suffused flash. But looking back again, I think I am wrong. I'm not sure if this might help, but I think the large black spot on the end of the hingwing might give a clue :hmmm:

It was bigger than 1cm for sure, may be 2cm to 3cm. As for the large black spot on the end of the hindwing, I think that is the tornal lobe, a common feature to a number of butts.

Horace

Peacock Royal
05-Jan-2007, 11:29 AM
Love that very nice shot of the MP Judy.
Cannot id the Flash with confidence as well.

horace2264
05-Jan-2007, 08:39 PM
Love that very nice shot of the MP Judy.
Cannot id the Flash with confidence as well.

Thanks, Federick.
I suppose the least I could for the ID of the flash is to exclude slate flash, common red flash, indigo flash and copper flash.

Horace