PDA

View Full Version : TBHP 30 Dec 06

Commander
30-Dec-2006, 11:10 PM
The flowering Eugenia grandis continues to attract a whole assortment of butts. Some of the flowers appear to be past their prime and are drying up already, but the butts continue to feed on the remaining ones.

Should last a few more days. :)

A shot of the female King Crow which was one of two or three of them up at the Eugenia tree. Playing hide-and-seek with us. ;P

This Ambon Onyx was found ovipositing on another Eugenia sp amongst the young flower buds. :thinking:

Cruiser
30-Dec-2006, 11:55 PM
Nice capture of the Ambon Onyx. I notice this is the 3rd host plant besides the Ixory and Wild Cinnamon.

Commander
31-Dec-2006, 12:23 AM
Nice capture of the Ambon Onyx. I notice this is the 3rd host plant besides the Ixory and Wild Cinnamon.

They seem to like to feed on young shoots of various plants. Some time ago, I shot one of them ovipositing on Citrus sp. (http://b-pals.com/forums/showthread.php?t=963)at AH. I wonder if there are more host plants. :thinking: We have 4 possible host plants already, although I've only bred one to adulthood on the Ixora buds.

horace2264
31-Dec-2006, 01:04 AM
I was there briefly (missed you and the rest by minutes) and saw the two King Crows as well. In the windy condition, their wings stayed shut and allowed me to take their undersides.

Horace