PDA

View Full Version : 22-Nov-06 WWW

horace2264
22-Nov-2006, 09:26 PM
Dropped by the WWW site this lunchtime. As Sunny mentioned in another thread, the track has been widened and part of the site is lost to the widened track. Saw 3 male LL and 1 female LL, 2 common mimes, 1 leopard, 2 club banded silverlines, 1 common red flash (did not manage a shot, otherwise would be a +1), many blue pansies. No signs of the forget-me-not which was abundant two weeks ago. The highlight was seeing a robberfly in action, killing a TC.

Horace

Commander
22-Nov-2006, 09:28 PM
I like that Leopard shot.

Heh heh... Club Banded Silverline. I knew that name would stick if it was used wrongly, but often enough. ;P There is no Club Banded Silverline. It's either Club Silverline or Black Banded Silverline.

horace2264
22-Nov-2006, 09:44 PM
I like that Leopard shot.

Heh heh... Club Banded Silverline. I knew that name would stick if it was used wrongly, but often enough. ;P There is no Club Banded Silverline. It's either Club Silverline or Black Banded Silverline.

The Leopard was constantly moving from flower to flower, and was difficult to get a side profile shot. This one I managed to get the wings in focus but the head part was not so.

Thanks for pointing out the correct name for the Club Silverline.

Horace

Peacock Royal
22-Nov-2006, 11:20 PM
Also saw a robberfly killing a Common Grass Yellow today.
Like your #3, especially the background.

horace2264
22-Nov-2006, 11:28 PM
Also saw a robberfly killing a Common Grass Yellow today.
Like your #3, especially the background.

Looks like robberfly is in season both east and west.
For pic #3, I was lucky that the female LL came to rest for a while at this small branch with relatively open space behind it.

Horace