PDA

View Full Version : Prawn Paste et al

Sister Sophie
03-Jul-2004, 04:12 AM
I really like being a member of this Club, even if I am the ONLY foreigner. Makes me feel like I am an a trip to Singapore. I want to know how I can make the messages that the members post on the message board show up in my e-mail address, which is sister_sophie_9@yahoo.com

For instance, the news about the prawn paste. Anyway, I do not know what prawn paste is, and I can only guess. So someone should send me an e-mail about this. Maybe we do not have any Prawn Paste here in Miami.

Thanking you, Sister Sophie
Miami, Florida, USA

Elbowed Pierrot
03-Jul-2004, 09:29 AM
I really like being a member of this Club, even if I am the ONLY foreigner. Makes me feel like I am an a trip to Singapore. I want to know how I can make the messages that the members post on the message board show up in my e-mail address, which is sister_sophie_9@yahoo.com

For instance, the news about the prawn paste. Anyway, I do not know what prawn paste is, and I can only guess. So someone should send me an e-mail about this. Maybe we do not have any Prawn Paste here in Miami.

Thanking you, Sister Sophie
Miami, Florida, USA

Hi Sophie, for your email address query, perhaps the easiest way to do it is to add it as part of your signature

prawn paste is sometimes used in chinese cuisine, so you can try shops in Chinatown

Viscount
03-Jul-2004, 05:29 PM
Welcome abroad, Sophie...well..somewhat belatedly.
The shrimp paste that Simon is referring to is locally known as 'belacan'. Mixed and cook with chilli, onions and clove garlic, it gives off a rather pungent smell if you ask me.
You might be able to get some in the chinatown area of Miami.

A question for you....I have always had the impression that the Monarch butterflies of America spent their winter down in Mexico but coming across some articles in the web, not only do they migrate south to Mexico, they oso move to Florida for the winter.
It is presume that with the onset of spring, only the offsprings migrate back north. Is this true??

Btw....how did you come across this site?