PDA

View Full Version : Banded Yeoman

Commander
30-Apr-2005, 04:44 PM
Thanks to Richard's tip, and also for taking the trouble to take us to the Banded Yeoman's base camp, we found a colony of the BY's fluttering around at MacRitchie. There were at least 6-8 individuals in the morning, at two favoured locations. Almost feels like Bunker Trail in Johor where we find them just as common.

However, they are extremely active, and seldom stay more than a few fleeting moments at rest. :angry: Late evening (or early morning) when it's cooler will probably find these buggers easier to shoot. ;P And they do puddle, even for a short while only, compared to the usual puddlers that we encounter.

Anyway, here are two record shots of the species ;P , and those who want a +1 with this species, you should make a trip there to shoot it.

Sky Blue
30-Apr-2005, 05:28 PM
whoa, nice shots & fast to process also ;-)

Cruiser
30-Apr-2005, 07:58 PM
Wish I was there this morning :-(

Common Mime
30-Apr-2005, 09:18 PM
Wah, didnt know you got the second shot.

Anyway, nice PS on the 1st one.

Mine shots are still in process. Wish I was shooting film in processing stage..... :-(

Commander
30-Apr-2005, 10:39 PM
Wish I was there this morning :-(
Din go out? I thought you were at USR with Gan. He got the Plane...

Commander
30-Apr-2005, 10:40 PM
whoa, nice shots & fast to process also ;-)
Record shots only lah... D70 users have an advantage, cos we can set the camera to record RAW as well as JPG at the same time. So I store the RAW shots and process the smaller JPG shots. Faster lor... ;-)

Commander
30-Apr-2005, 10:42 PM
Wah, didnt know you got the second shot.
When you guys were shooting the Green Baron, this chap sneaked up behind all of you, but didn't escape my attention.

Elbowed Pierrot
30-Apr-2005, 10:53 PM
BenJin, they are sighted in SF too... so perhaps, u can go hunt for the blue helen and Yeoman.. :) spotted quite a few helen (blue and great) on the way from Lornie trail.

Cruiser
30-Apr-2005, 11:00 PM
Din go out? I thought you were at USR with Gan. He got the Plane...

Wow, gan got the Plane :jumjoy: Gan, post the pic leh :-)

Cruiser
30-Apr-2005, 11:03 PM
BenJin, they are sighted in SF too... so perhaps, u can go hunt for the blue helen and Yeoman.. :) spotted quite a few helen (blue and great) on the way from Lornie trail.

thx! will try R. Trail if going out tml to hunt for BH or Yeoman.

Green Baron
30-Apr-2005, 11:31 PM
Wow, gan got the Plane :jumjoy: Gan, post the pic leh :-)
3rd time is a charm but only a record shot.