PDA

View Full Version : Blue Jay Topside

Commander
16-Jan-2005, 11:06 PM
One of those strange occurrences when a Blue Jay opened its wings whilst puddling. Simon (Chan) and I encountered this strange behaviour in this Blue Jay at Sime Forest (near the Jelutong Tower). It was puddling, then suddenly flew up in a spiralling flight, and then dropped down and opened its wings flat. We thought it was drunk or dead, so after taking a few shots of it, we tried to pick it up, but it suddenly woke up and shot away at the usual Blue Jay speed. Dunno what it was up to, but we seldom see a Blue Jay with open wings like that...

Elbowed Pierrot
16-Jan-2005, 11:10 PM
One of those strange occurrences when a Blue Jay opened its wings whilst puddling. Simon (Chan) and I encountered this strange behaviour in this Blue Jay at Sime Forest (near the Jelutong Tower). It was puddling, then suddenly flew up in a spiralling flight, and then dropped down and opened its wings flat. We thought it was drunk or dead, so after taking a few shots of it, we tried to pick it up, but it suddenly woke up and shot away at the usual Blue Jay speed. Dunno what it was up to, but we seldom see a Blue Jay with open wings like that...

that will be my aim for this year ;P shoot upperside of the 5-bar, bottleblue, blue jay

Commander
16-Jan-2005, 11:15 PM
It was drunk more like it... maybe someone poured beer on the ground. :bsmile:

Cycad Blue
16-Jan-2005, 11:37 PM
interesting leh! or maybe it is a "flasher" butterfly... :bsmile:

Commander
16-Jan-2005, 11:41 PM
interesting leh! or maybe it is a "flasher" butterfly... :bsmile:

Ha! No wonder Thomas won't let you go alone into the nature reserves. Too many "flashers" around.... :bsmile:

Birdwing
17-Jan-2005, 02:38 AM
It was drunk more like it... maybe someone poured beer on the ground. :bsmile:Hey we never tried that one before...hahaaha....how about hard liquor like Martell or Remy Martin? ;P The butt confirmed drunk one. :bsmile:

Commander
17-Jan-2005, 08:11 AM
I poured beer on rotting banana bait before. Worked only for certain species of butts. ;-)