PDA

View Full Version : new species at AH?

Common Rose
29-Nov-2004, 11:09 PM
Was looking at some recent photo directories. Found this particular one that doesn't look familiar. This individual was shot just after the opening ceremony of the butterfly cage in AH during the clean and green week. Just id it to be Striped Black Crow, which was not on the official AH list!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v493/lepi/6001-6500/6233.jpg

Not adding this to my list as it was not shot out in the open. :-(

Rustic
29-Nov-2004, 11:12 PM
hmm. btw, where are the cages? :P

Elbowed Pierrot
29-Nov-2004, 11:34 PM
hmm. btw, where are the cages? :P

meaning u never been there before? its on the left side of AH, pass the physio therpy center and SAF medical center.. keep walking till u see 2 cages

Green Baron
30-Nov-2004, 12:09 AM
Was looking at some recent photo directories. Found this particular one that doesn't look familiar. This individual was just shot after the opening ceremony of the butterfly cage in AH during the clean and green week. Just id it to be Striped Black Crow, which was not on the official AH list!
Not adding this to my list as it was not shot out in the open. :-(
Yes, it is Striped Black Crow. So you shot this INSIDE the cage ?
Unlikely to find this fella in AH as it is a forest butterfly.

Rustic
30-Nov-2004, 12:31 AM
meaning u never been there before? its on the left side of AH, pass the physio therpy center and SAF medical center.. keep walking till u see 2 cages

ya. did not visit the cages -- keep slipping off my mind. maybe becoz of the CIs -- nowsaday i patrol the "higher ground" to wait out ME, Lime, CI. And "swoop" down only when there are other butterflies feeding ... missed a close encounter with King Crow.

Common Rose
30-Nov-2004, 09:03 AM
Yes, it is Striped Black Crow. So you shot this INSIDE the cage ?
Unlikely to find this fella in AH as it is a forest butterfly.
Yup, inside the cage. From what I knew and saw, the staff caught some butts from the butts trail to put inside the cage on that day. So I suspect the SBC shld be found on the trail. :thinking: