PDA

View Full Version : Something new?

Butterfly Hunter
07-Apr-2012, 06:11 PM
I have spotted a perculiar looking butterfly which i cant find in the checklist.It has a wingspan of a common mormon,the top side of it is black with white spots.Its flight pattern is weak and does not fly far.It's quite doctile.:confused: If anyone has seen it,please reply ASAP.

Banded Yeoman
07-Apr-2012, 06:13 PM
any photos of it?

Butterfly Hunter
07-Apr-2012, 06:16 PM
Actually no,but i would go get it by the end of next week or maybe tomorrow.I have school so...yeah.....

Banded Yeoman
07-Apr-2012, 06:21 PM
Where did you find it?

Trying to pry out its ID is near impossible now as only you have seen it.
But the location might open up some possibilities.

Butterfly Hunter
07-Apr-2012, 06:25 PM
I saw it at a forested area near the entrance of bukit timaah nature reserve.Its whera moutain bikers start their ride

Commander
07-Apr-2012, 08:43 PM
Sounds like a Magpie Crow. Those fellas are always fluttering around that area near the Visitor Centre.

Butterfly Hunter
14-Apr-2012, 06:30 PM
I don't think so,the underside is all black,but can you please tell me the exact location where you sighted the magpie crow?

Archduke
15-Apr-2012, 01:10 PM
I think some pictures will be good. You can describe it till the cows come home and we will still have no idea what that mysterious butterfly is.

Silverstreak
15-Apr-2012, 07:44 PM
I don't think so,the underside is all black,but can you please tell me the exact location where you sighted the magpie crow?

read underlined and highlight.

I saw it at a forested area near the entrance of bukit timaah nature reserve.Its whera moutain bikers start their ride

Sounds like a Magpie Crow. Those fellas are always fluttering around that area near the Visitor Centre.