PDA

View Full Version : Black Veined Tiger spotted in AH

Green Baron
01-Jun-2004, 10:52 PM
A Butterfly enthusiast recently emailed me about his sighting of Black Veined Tiger at AH. I have corresponded with him and it seems he is very sure it was a BVT and not Common Tiger (CT) but unfortunately he did not take a photo of the BVT he saw. So far we have not seen BVT at AH. So do look out BVT when you are at AH. We need a photo evidence before adding it to the AH checklist.

Common Rose
01-Jun-2004, 11:11 PM
My recent shots in AH on 31/05/04 contains only Plain Tigers and Common Tigers. What was the date of sighting?

Commander
02-Jun-2004, 12:01 AM
A Butterfly enthusiast recently emailed me about his sighting of Black Veined Tiger at AH. I have corresponded with him and it seems he is very sure it was a BVT and not Common Tiger (CT) but unfortunately he did not take a photo of the BVT he saw. So far we have not seen BVT at AH. So do look out BVT when you are at AH. We need a photo evidence before adding it to the AH checklist.

Can you check with Simon? I recall he saw one at AH before? Scratching the pods of the Crotalaria plant, remember?

Green Baron
02-Jun-2004, 12:49 AM
I have checked all his and mine photos and they are all CTs, no BVT.

(All his photos are on my PC ;-) )

Green Baron
02-Jun-2004, 02:18 PM
The first one is Common Tiger but the 2nd one is BVT !!

Well done ! Now we have 73 species at AH.

Cycad Blue
02-Jun-2004, 09:32 PM
heheh sometimes I think we behave like those folks who try to communicate with life from other planets... :hello: and we record our sightings of the "ETs" ever so diligently. ;-)

Sky Blue
02-Jun-2004, 09:47 PM
well done rustic ;-)

Common Rose
02-Jun-2004, 10:31 PM
13-Sep-2003! :what: Me still healthy for another 6 mths b4 contacting butt flu. **Ah...Ah...Ahhhchooooo**sniff sniff**

Common Rose
07-Jun-2004, 09:10 PM
megaweb fr CS also got a shot of the BVT in AH on 06-07-2003: http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=39030

Commander actually corrected the name of the species in the last post.

Striped Blue Crow
08-Jun-2004, 02:13 PM
Correction.....BVT was spotted before at AH. Remember we were at AH when both the CT and BVT were spotted on the yellow flower scratching the pods....

Green Baron
08-Jun-2004, 02:43 PM
Correction.....BVT was spotted before at AH. Remember we were at AH when both the CT and BVT were spotted on the yellow flower scratching the pods....Simon,
Finally you are online ;-)
I remember seeing many tigers but don't remember seeing BVT.. must be getting old :-(

Striped Blue Crow
09-Jun-2004, 01:28 PM
You were there with me....remember. We have the photos to prove it too!

Green Baron
09-Jun-2004, 02:05 PM
You are right. I found the photos. They are dated March 1st 2003 !